Bison on Windows

From: bradl
Subject: Bison on Windows
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:55:06 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting to get very frustrated trying to build bison on windows.  I started out trying to build version 1.875, but I'm getting lots of compiler errors related to pipes and pid_t and fork in subpipe.c/.h.

So, I tried to build version 1.33 instead, since I found an archive on a newsgroup for building that on NT, and got the code to build.  However, it's looking for bison.simple and bison.hairy files.  I observe also that vison 1.33 has an M4 directory, so I assume that 1.33 is using the M4 type skeleton files, and therefore the archive I found that patches output is actually in error, but I'm not sure.

Therefore, I would like to leave 1.33 and go back to 1.875, but I seem to be without support for functions such as pipe and fork, and the type pid_t.  There are a lot of other compiler errors for 1.875 also that I haven't even tried to resolve.

Bottom line: How should I handle subpipe.c on NT?

Thanks,
Brad