(no subject)

From: vimil
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 22:47:26 +0530 (IST)

Hello

I am trying to create a GLR Parser of my own and when I was looking
through the source code of the GLR parser generated parser, I came across
the variable yyForceEval. I have understood that if either yyForceEval is
1 or yySplitpoint is null when the yyglrReduce function is invoked then
the  normal reduce operation is performed.

yyglrReduce function is called with yyForceEval set,only in deterministic
mode during parsing. But I thought that in deterministic mode yySplitpoint
is always null, eliminating the need for checking the value of yyForceEval

I would like to know why yyForceEval is used.

regards
vimil