Effect of Precedence while there is no S/R conflict

From: RAJASANKAR K
Subject: Effect of Precedence while there is no S/R conflict
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:22:00 +0530

Hi All,

Please validate whether my understanding stated below is right.
If there is no shift/reduce conflict at all, precedences assigned to productions and terminals have no effect on the bison behavior (in generating the parse table). Putting it other way, unless there is a shift/reduce conflict, bison doesn't ever check the precedence of the token and the production.

I am solving some shift/reduce conflicts by assigning prcedence to the token and the production involved in the conflict. Neither this production nor the token is involved in any other conflicts with any other token or production. I am asking the above question to assert that this doesn't cause any other problems.

Regards,
Raja.