Location tracking (Was: Redifining yyltype)

From: Henrik Sorensen
Subject: Location tracking (Was: Redifining yyltype)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:06:45 +0200

On Monday 12 April 2004 18:55, you wrote:
> At 09:17 +0200 2004/04/12, Henrik Sorensen wrote:
> >What is the recommended way to redefine the structure used for tracking
> > token locations?
>
> Be aware of the Bison's location tracking feature may be buggy, as it is
> not really supported, which has to do with that one has not been able to
> agree on a good location tracking feature yet.

Thanks. It was not entirely clear even after re-reading the manual. But after
some considerations, it makes sense to just define a new typedef.

AFAICT, the locations are only used in the YYLLOC_DEFAULT macro, and then as a
dummy parameter to yysymprint. It would of course be quite nice to include
the location information as well. Beside hacking the skeleton files, is there
any official way, I can redefine yysymprint or the macro YYDSYMPRINT?

Are there any particuliar reasons for concern when using the location tracking
?
Or is nobody actually using this feature ?

Henrik