Windows version of bison

From: Jon Kinsey
Subject: Windows version of bison
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:48:50 +0100

Hi,

I downloaded the windows setup for bison 1.875 and got the following error on running:
 _spawnvp: Invalid argument

Un-deterred I downloaded the source and built it with dev studio. Turns out the error is because m4.exe can't be found. Downloading that didn't help as it wasn't looking in the bin directory. Copying m4.exe to the local directory did work, but I guess isn't ideal.

Whilst testing the first example in the manual (rpcalc) a small bug showed in the epilogue scanning code, code_start is referenced before it's been defined (scan-gram.l:616). It didn't seem to effect anything so I guess this value isn't used in this example. Perhaps the IF_LINT code should be removed from the initialization line of code_start?

Jon