Re: Non-greedy wildcard possible? (Long)

From: Magnus Lie Hetland
Subject: Re: Non-greedy wildcard possible? (Long)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:08:10 +0200

Laurence Finston <address@hidden>:

[snip]
> Since I don't think this approach will lead to success anyway, I don't
> see any point in going any further into objections with respect to the
> details of possible implementations.
[snip]
> I think that "a heading is a single line of text followed only by
> whitespace and two newlines" is a reasonable specification, although
> it may have to be refined a bit.  I _don't_ think that "a heading
> might be that, but it might be something else, it's specified by the
> user" is a specification at all.
[snip]
> I also think that "less markup" is a reasonable goal, but that
> "virtually no markup" is not.

How about writing a tool for adding markup based on a user-specified
format description? That's the goal, and I have already achieved it in
the current implementation.

I've been looking into using Bison for efficiency reasons -- it's
obvious that you don't think that's doable, and I appreciate that
input.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland              "Wake up!"  - Rage Against The Machine
http://hetland.org              "Shut up!"  - Linkin Park