Sharing grammar between bison and readline for completion

From: Thomas Graf
Subject: Sharing grammar between bison and readline for completion
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:09:45 +0200

Hi

I'm writing a quite complex CLI shell for network configuration and
thought about using bison to implement the grammer and readline for
input and character manipulation. So far no problem, however I do
get into troubles when trying to share the grammar between bison and
readline for completion. My current approach is to read a complete
line using readline and then pass it to yyparse for validation and
processing. In order to implement completion I must share the
grammar while reading the line which I don't have any idea how to do
so.

This topic must have been discussed already but all I found was a small
C++ project which implements completion with bison and yacc but
implements the grammar twice.

Thanks for any pointers.

--
Thomas GRAF