Re: Union Type Object problem

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: Union Type Object problem
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:21:52 +0200

Hans Aberg wrote:

> If your actions are such that each rule in effect is statically typed, then
> you probably do not need dynamic_cast, and you can static_cast everything
> back and forth to void*.

I didn't do this on purpose, it just worked out this way.  In a way, I haven't
really designed the 3DLDF language myself, it's based on Knuth's Metafont
language.  There are differences because of the differences between 2D and 3D
and because font design doesn't require the same kinds of basic geometric
types that 3D graphics does.  Nor has it  been possible for me to implement
certain things in Bison that Knuth does with his hand-written parser code,
although I don't claim that it's impossible in principle.  I'm also not as
clever as Knuth.

Laurence