Passing custom parameter to yylex() via yyparse() using YYPARSE_PARAM an

From: Jeannot_Langlois
Subject: Passing custom parameter to yylex() via yyparse() using YYPARSE_PARAM and YYLEX_PARAM macros
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 14:23:01 -0400

Hi there,

I am actually working at integrating a custom (i.e. NOT flex-based) lexical scanner written in C with a Bison 1.875c-generated C pure (reentrant) parser.

As the custom lexical scanner will be reading from a socket rather than the standard input (i.e., keyboard or pipe redirection), I need to pass the socket number (int) to yyparse() so it can be then passed to yylex() afterwards.

I found out that earlier versions of Bison permitted the use of the YYPARSE_PARAM and YYLEX_PARAM macros which allowed the yyparse() caller to pass a structure to yyparse() and then to yylex(). Unfortunately, these macros now seem disabled in Bison 1.875c.

How can I pass such a parameter to yyparse() and then to yylex() in a similar way in Bison 1.875c now ?

Regards,

--
Jeannot Langlois
B. Sc.  Computer Science / B. Sc.  Informatique

Looking for a Software Developer in Ottawa, Gatineau, Hull, Sherbrooke or Quebec city (Canada)?
Look no further.
You've just found what you were looking for.

LINUX... SOFTWARE... PROJECTS...

15 rock-solid years in Computer Science.
Always ready for challenges.
Perseverant.
Team spirit.
Autonomous.

One name:  Jeannot Langlois.

Vous cherchez un Programmeur-Analyste pour Ottawa, Gatineau, Hull, Sherbrooke ou la ville de Quebec (Canada)?
Ne cherchez plus.
Vous venez de trouver.

LINUX... LOGICIELS... PROJETS...

15 annees solides en Informatique.