Constructing new language

From: sam wun
Subject: Constructing new language
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:40:55 +0800

Hi,

I would like to consturct a new language to describe the standard configuration of the workstations and servers for my company's network. This will help administrator quickly identify mis-configuration of all 1000 workstations and servers.

Here is what I would like to write:
SYSTEM : id  USERS  APPS  type  space  FILE
USERS :  bob  sam  cindy  jenny  john  ken  ...
APPS : RUNNING_PROC RUNNING_PROC : httpd qmail sshd squid ... FILE : slash_root user_root usr var home opt slash_root : boot kernel.sys loader.conf device.hints ...
user_root : dot_cshrc  dot_profile  dot_ssh  ...
usr :  bin  local  lib  libexec sbin  var  opt  ...
var : db  crash  named  run   spool  state  lib  ...

Then use yacc/lex generate parser in perl, then use these information to further develop applicaiton to monitor configuration of all machines. Are these possible to be a solution to monitor the configuration of all machines?

Thanks
Sam