Help with systemverilog grammar

From: Soumitra Kumar
Subject: Help with systemverilog grammar
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:06:47 -0800 (PST)

All,

I am willing to write a parser for systemverilog.
Following is the LRM.
http://www.eda.org/sv/SystemVerilog_3.1a.pdf

I am looking for some advice.

. Should I take the bnf as it is and start resolving
the conflicts, or rewrite the rules myself.
. In case of reduce/reduce conflicts, multiple rules
have the same lookahead symbol. If this non-terminal
is used in multiple rules, it becomes difficult to
identify which rule is the culprit for a particular
lookahead symbol. Is there a way in bison to know this
information.
. Is there a hacking/design document for bison?

Thanks,
-Soumitra.