Problem with bison

From: Jarek
Subject: Problem with bison
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:09:34 +0100

Hello!

        I'm trying to adopt sources of esnacc (ASN.1 compiler) to be compiled
cleanly with gcc3.4 and over.
        I've corrected all c/c++ code, But I've found a problem with one *.y
file which is compiled with bison.
        The file parse-asn1.y is compiled by bison 1.28 and delivered in
original esnacc package as parse-asn1.c
        When I've tried to compile it with bison 2.1, everything compiles
cleanly, but resulting compiler (esnacc) doesn't work at all. (Fails
with syntax error in first line of ASN.1 source file).
        I've totally no expirience with bison, so I'd like to ask if someone
can take a look at this file and tell me what should I change to make it
working ? Or maybe someone can point me to some resources about
migration from ancient bison 1.28 to 2.1 ?
        What is strange for me, that bison 2.1 doesn't generate any
errors/warnings but just creates non-working c file.