Re: Problem generating code from bison

From: Derek M Jones
Subject: Re: Problem generating code from bison
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 17:22:56 +0100

Manish,

  I downloaded the bison-2.1 and built it on an HPUX-Itanium machine.
Now whenever i try to compile the C file generated from bison I am
getting syntax errors.

The syntax errors are caused by real problems in your
input to Bison.

 I am generating with the command "bison -d a.y"
and running it with "cc a.tab.c" ........Is there anything that we
need to specify on Itanium to work???

My .y file looks like this which I downloaded from a site. Please help

I think your problem can only be solved by understanding
more about how Bison works and the kind of input it expects.

I think you also need to learn more about C.

--
Derek M. Jones                              tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                      mailto:address@hidden