Re: debugging with gdb

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: debugging with gdb
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:37:38 +0100

On 21 Nov 2006, at 17:26, Sean Walton wrote:

I am trying to debug bison/yacc with gdb. I want to look at the bison variable $1 -- how do i do it? What is the syntax? (It conflicts with the print history $##.)

The $ variables are expanded to something else in the output parser. So one way is to look what Bison writes in the parser actions (in the .c or the .cc file) and debug that. Bison also has a debug feature, but I recall it just writes what is on the parser stack. And Satya is working on improved debugging - I am not sure of its current state.