%glr-parser & %pure-parser

From: Frans Englich
Subject: %glr-parser & %pure-parser
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 16:43:08 +0200

Hello,

If I to the following Bison grammar:

%{
void dummy();
%}

%pure-parser

%%

Root: /* empty*/
{
}

%%

adds %glr-parser under %pure-parser, two things happens beyond changing the
parser algorithm:

* It copies all the code in the c++ section into the header.
* It puts "extern YYSTYPE lval;" in the header.

None of these two things I like nor would expect(at least, to not be different
from a lr parser).

Why does these things happen when I add %glr-parser? How do I avoid it from
happening?

This was produced with Bison 2.3, by invoking bison --defines=t.h t.ypp.

Thanks in advance,

                Frans