Compilation of a bison file fails

From: David Boucher
Subject: Compilation of a bison file fails
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:57:24 +0200

Hi !

I have a bison file called grammar.y beginning by those lines

%{
/* system includes */
#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

#include "nxp_kernel.h"
#include "parser.h"
#include "i18n.h"

#define YYERROR_VERBOSE

char* strcat(char*, const char*);

%}

/*
  This union represents the data that circulates behind the
  non terminal symbols.
*/
%union {
  GHashTable *hash;
  NxpElement *el;
[...]

The file compiles well on my computer but someone sent me a bug report
that says:

grammar.y:15: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before
numeric constant grammar.y:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘!=’ token
grammar.y:15: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘?’ token

The line 15 is this one :

char* strcat(char*, const char*);

What's the problem ?

If I start this line with a tabulation or spaces, will he have the
problem again ?

Thanks.
David.