Help .....

From: Arun K V
Subject: Help .....
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:42:47 +0530

Hi

I am a new to lex and yacc programming.

My requirement is a thread safe parser using lex and yacc.

I did lot of searching on the internet but couldn't conclude how to use and
which one to use?

Should I use a

pure-parser

push_pull

Or something else?

I felt pure-parser it the way to go ahead and I tried to implement my parser
using pure-parser but I couldn't just finish it because I am not in a
position to understand the information given in the internet

Do I have to do this manually in the generated file, or is there a switch
that I can give to flex to get it to generate in form which will make it
thread safe?

I could really do with seeing an example of this, would anyone have one

handy? Or a document which can be understood by a newbie….

I read the following section also

Bison 2.3 manual [ 4.2.4 Calling Conventions for Pure Parsers]

But I couldn't understand much

Please help me I have had sleepless nights on this just because I am not
able to go ahead on this.

Waiting for ur reply…………

Thanks in advance...

Thanks