Re: problem with very simple gramma

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: problem with very simple gramma
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 00:12:07 +0100

On 2 Dec 2007, at 22:58, Natalia Wolyczko wrote:

Hi Hans,
Many thanks for your replay.

Please keep the cc to the list, as you did now, because others may join in.

I read calculator examples within the manual several times, but still have some difficulties.

You might try the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers.

What I didn't mention in my previous email is that I also tried several different grammas

If you want to match a sequence of zero or more, you can try
foo_bar_sequence:
    /* empty */
  | foo_bar_sequence foo_bar
;
There is not symbol for the empty string; whence the comment-

And for one or more:
foo_bar_sequence:
    /* empty *|
  | foo_bar_sequence foo_bar
;
where in both cases
foo_bar:
  FOO BAR
;

It should be in the Bison manual if you look for the word "recursion".