Re: Bison: Grammar for function definitions...

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison: Grammar for function definitions...
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 20:20:42 +0200

On 17 May 2008, at 17:08, Geten wrote:

I am little more than a beginner in writing bison specifications and now I have stumbled on some problems. What I want to do is to write grammar to
recognize a function definition
A code example:

function helloWorld(int p1, int p2) : bool

int a = p1;
int b = p2;
What would a grammar that handled that look like?

It seems you want to settle for a C/C++ like grammar, so you might look into the standards of these. There is a Yaccable (so it is Bisonable) one for C++ here: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/compiler- dependencies.html#faq-38.11

Also, you might try the Usenet newsgroup comp.compilers.