Re: problems with bison-flex

From: Jim Michaels
Subject: Re: problems with bison-flex
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:32:28 -0700 (PDT)

fgets & fgetc stops when it reaches a ^z character (eof character) ^d on unix.
the batch mode flex does not I think do this, because it uses fread.  however,
it might if you open the file in text mode instead of binary.
If you happen to want to lex a ^z or ^d this can be a problem!

will I need to redefine YY_INPUT in the case of a C++ lexer and parser?
The C++ lexer uses <iostream> (hence fstream) rather than <stdio.h>.  this is
what I gathered from bison & flex 2.1 generated code.

Jim Michaels
address@hidden
http://JesusnJim.com