Re: bison-2.3 - cannot re-locate bison installation

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: bison-2.3 - cannot re-locate bison installation
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:12:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Philippe Scelers wrote:

> Hi,
> Bison store installation path prefix given at configure time, e.g. 'configure
> --prefix=/u ; make ; make install'
>
> I want to copy bison installation into another location, e.g. /usb/u
> but unfortunately bison fail with error: /usb/u/bin/bison: cannot open file
> '/u/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4': No such file or directory
>
> Is there a way to fix this problem? an environment variable?
> Thanks,

You can't just copy it.  It might work to copy it and then call
`configure' again with the correct prefix argument.  However, if this
doesn't work on the first try, I think it would
probably be safest to install a fresh version in the new location.

One way of making a fresh version would be to call `make dist' in the old
location and copy the `bison-<whatever>.tar.gz' file to the new location,
unpack it, etc.

Laurence Finston