Re: Unable to compile in Visual C++

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Unable to compile in Visual C++
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:55:57 +0200

On 19 Jun 2009, at 17:38, Ewa Rom wrote:

I'm writing my Master thesis that includes a parser. I chose to use Flex and Bison to help me with this and include the parser into my Visual C++ project.
Then I try to build the project and I get the following error:

1>CoProveParser.y(28) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'

1>CoProveParser.y(28) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

1>CoProveParser.y(28) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

It might be due to a bug in an older Bison version - you do not say which one you are using. Try to get hold of a later one (I don't know about your OS). Also see the example here for how the C++ code should be structured in later versions:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-bison/2009-05/msg00040.html

  Hans