Undeclared value type for nonterminals when using multiple value types

From: Rodrigo Dominguez
Subject: Undeclared value type for nonterminals when using multiple value types
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:05:15 -0400

Hi,

What is the default data type for nonterminals when using multiple data types
(%union)? In other words, can I have nonterminals with undefined data types (no
%type<..>) when using %union? I have seen some grammars use this, however, I
don't see anything on the manual referring to this scenario.

I am using Bison 2.3.

Thank you,

Rodrigo