Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.

From: Efi Fogel
Subject: Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:14:37 +0300

I've posted my problem in stack overflow; see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17143607/i-cannot-build-bison-on-cygwin-using-bootstrap/17207739#17207739,
but to no avail, so I gave the build of bison under cygwin yet another
shot, and found the problem, actually problems. It is all described in the
page above.

Perhaps someone reading this can pass the info to the maintainers of
bootstrap and bootstrap.conf.
Regarding the failure in executing the symbolic link to a perl script under
cygwin, I've noticed that replacing

eval '(exit $?0)' && eval 'exec perl -wS "$0" ${1+"$@"}'
  & eval 'exec perl -wS "$0" $argv:q'
    if 0;

with

#! /bin/perl

works in a simple testcase, but I suspect that the former, somehow complex
statement, in the real case has a purpose.

--