Building bison fails in clean repository clone

From: Nathan Royce
Subject: Building bison fails in clean repository clone
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 00:02:38 -0500

I'm posting to verify that I too am encountering this issue.I could have sworn
I had it working before, but I must have been using the tarred source instead
of from the repository.
I tried a whole variety of things such as removing bison's gnulib and using the
latest with GNULIB_SRCDIR, as well as bringing that version back to a 12/2013
commit, as well as with flex, libtool, autoconf, and automake.The only thing
I've noticed is it will ALSO work when using Debian's native flex version
2.5.35. And I'm now only able to assume that is how I got it working before.
Essentially, using Debian, I apt-get install automake, gettext, flex and
bison.Then I install texlive, unpack gnulib and then make automake, help2man,
autoconf, libtool, ncurses, texinfo, flex, bison. All of which are the latest
from their respective repositories (except help2man which appears to only be
available tarred).
I am curious to find out what is going on with what I choose to call a bug.I'm
attaching the logs from the attempted builds (boostrap, config, configure,
make). Each file name is appended with either an 'o' for "old flex" (debian
2.5.35) or 'n' for "new flex" (2.6 gitted from repository). The one's with 'd'
is for the "diff" I ran on the new and old ones.