Re: Having problems with updating the version of bison on mac

From: Tadej Borovšak
Subject: Re: Having problems with updating the version of bison on mac
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:39:31 +0200

Hi!

> I need bison 3.0 and I downloaded the tar.gz-File from the homepage and run
> "./configure; make; make install" just as the INSTALL-File-Instructions are
> given. However, if I type "bison --version" into the terminal it shows this:

I'm no mac expert, but "./configure && make && make install" combo
usually places files under /usr/local (at least on GNU/Linux). If your
PATH variable doesn't contain /usr/local/bin or if this folder is
listed after system bin folder, your new installation won't be picked
up.

What does "which bison" returns? Try executing "/usr/local/bin/bison
--version" and check if/what you get back.

Cheers,
Tadej

--
Tadej Borovšak