Re: QUESTION: is bison recursive?

From: sean nakasone
Subject: Re: QUESTION: is bison recursive?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 01:45:16 -0700

I found the implicit rule in the Makefile.

I believe it's calling a bison in the tests subfolder.

Thanks for your help Tadej and Hans

 To: address@hidden
 Date: Sunday, July 27, 2014, 9:12 PM

 Dne 27.07.2014 (ned) ob
 20:29 +0200 je Hans Aberg napisal(a):

 On 27 Jul 2014, at 02:35, sean nakasone <address@hidden>
 wrote:

 Anyone know if bison is recursive?  Meaning, does the bison
 build call bison?

 Yes, the file src/parse-gram.y is used to make the Bison
 parser.

 > > The
 reason I'm asking is because I'm going through the
 bison 3.0 makefile and I don't see where bison is
 actually being called.

 > A grep on the sources shows
 >   Makefile.in:
 src/parse-gram.y
 > but I’m not sure how
 exactly its called. Perhaps Akim, which I think implemented
 it, can tell.

 If I'm
 not mistaken, make has built-in rule for *.y -> *.c
 conversion.
 This is probably why no explicit
 rule is to be found in build system.

 Cheers,