installation of bison

From: Tom M
Subject: installation of bison
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 14:05:25 +0100

Hello,

I've just downloaded bison 3.0 and I'm having difficulty installing it. I
have opened a command prompt and am in the directory into which I have just
extracted bison. The command `./configure; make; make install' doesn't do
anything. I'm not an expert by any stretch but can you please explain to me
like you would explain to a child, what do I need to do to install this? I
also have the same problem with flex. Help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Tom Mullins