Re: About %destructor is c++ mode

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: About %destructor is c++ mode
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 15:01:26 +0200

> On 18 Aug 2016, at 14:39, Min Wang <address@hidden> wrote:

> since my process is a deamon, I need to clean up memory leak.

That seems a good idea, then, unless it is restarted every once in awhile.

> What does error recovery really mean? My current grammar rules does not
> include error, so does it mean that I do not have error recovery?

When there is a grammatical error in the input text, the runtime parser will
skip forward to the next error recovery point indicated in the grammar. During
error recovery, it unwinds the parser stack, but skips over the grammar
actions. To cover up for that, %destructor was added.

> My confusion is:  it seems the %destructor is called even for the normal
> parse!!

It should not. But I rely on C++ cleanup, so somebody else will have to tune in
here.