Re: Parse input string and input file with same buffer state

From: Harsha Sharma
Subject: Re: Parse input string and input file with same buffer state
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 01:44:41 +0530

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Hans Åberg <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On 7 Dec 2017, at 18:59, Harsha Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to parse input string and input file (pushing
>> buffer state created with yy_scan_string to buffer state created with
>> yy_create_buffer to parse input file). It either causes segmentation
>> fault or parses either the string or the input file.
>
> The string pointed to (in a lexer generated by Flex) must be copied before
> passed on elsewhere, as it is just a pointer in a buffer, temporarily
> null-terminated.

This is what I'm exactly trying to do . I have a string passed from
command line which needs to be parsed 'define test="foo"' and input
file references this variable.
Same thing can be done by prepending this line in input file 'define
test="foo"' but I want to have a command line option for the same.
https://gist.github.com/hs256/fb7fa55949f57a26d4e43924e75adb1d -- This
is the code but it parses only the input file and not the string.
Thanks for your time :)

Regards,
Harsha Sharma