Re: Forcing Bison's yacc.c to report more expected tokens on syntax erro

From: Adrian Vogelsgesang
Subject: Re: Forcing Bison's yacc.c to report more expected tokens on syntax error
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 19:23:10 +0000

Hi Kevin, hi Akim,

I can imagine cases where having a longer list of expected tokens might be
useful.
However, I wouldn’t like to have them in a string stitched together by bison,
but instead I would like to have access to them in a std::vector<TokenId> or
something similar.
That way, I could do some post-processing of the expected token list (e.g.,
expand the “variable_name” token to all variables which are currently in scope).
The result could then be integrated with, e.g., a dropdown list for
autocompletion pretty nicely :)

Having programmatic access to the list of expected tokens would probably also
solve Kevin’s request for reporting more than 5 tokens: he could just do it
himself in his own code after getting the token list from Bison.

Cheers,
Adrian