confused on cfrun/cfd

From: Mike Lang
Subject: confused on cfrun/cfd
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:42:26 -0600

Let say I hear of a nasty new bug I want to disable. I edit my master cf.conf file and do a cfrun. Now how do my clients get the new config file before they run?

I read the cron bootstrap which is cool, two jobs, one grabs the latest config file
and the next runs the updated config file.

I guess I could have cfd.conf run a config from a nfs mounted partition, but that kind of
defeats the purpose.  Can you have two commands in the cfd.conf...

cfrunCommand = ("cfengine -f grabfile.conf; cfengine -f cf.conf " )

I will try the above, but what do you do?
Thanks,
        --Mike
Michael Lang    mlang@lanl.gov
Los Alamos    National Laboratory