Re: Detecting failed clients

From: Elmar Kurgpold
Subject: Re: Detecting failed clients
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 00:55:46 -0700 (PDT)

How about this...  Run cfengine from cron something like this:

   cfengine > /etc/last.cfengine.run
...or...
   cfengine && touch /etc/last.cfengine.run

Then also run a cron job like this:

   find /etc/last.cfengine.run -mtime +1 -exec /some/script {} \;

/some/script looks something like this:

#!/bin/sh
    mailx -s "cfengine problem on `uname -n`" sysadmin@yourdomain

This doesn't give you much granularity, but it ought to work.

        ++Elmar