Re: PATCH: resolv.conf edit problem

From: Alan Sparks
Subject: Re: PATCH: resolv.conf edit problem
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:48:17 -0600

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> > With this change, cfengine recreates the resolv.conf properly, with only
> > the specified nameservers.
> > -Alan
>
> This is not the correct behaviour, as advertised in the manual.
> This would have to be set by an option. You can use editfiles
> to empty the file, or delete old entries. They get ignored anyway
> after about three lines.

Would you consider adding an config variable for this?  In my view, the
patched behavior is more "palatable" than that implemented/documented.
Besides, the editfiles solution is a kind of kludge... It would be a win
to be able to specify, "these are your name servers," and have cfengine
enforce that as a consequence of the resolv: action.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator     asparks@quris.com
Quris, Inc.                             (720) 836-2058