Re: Bug w/ cfengine Log, Lock and Repositories directives

From: Greg Gallagher
Subject: Re: Bug w/ cfengine Log, Lock and Repositories directives
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:59:14 -0500

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 11:05:20PM -0400, Chris Edillon wrote:
> > So it doesn't seem like I should have to, but for some reason the
> > binary didn't have them hardcoded even with the configure.
> >
>   which version of cfengine?  IIRC versions prior to 1.6.2 would
> ignore both compile-time and run-time (cfengine.conf) settings for
> lockdir and logdir in favor of a hardcoded /etc/cfengine.

Oh, crudd -- sorry, should have mentioned this.  I'm using version
1.6.3 on Solaris 2.6 .... ah, interesting, the compile options seemed
to have worked in Solaris 2.8 though, or the parsing, because my 2.8
boxes, compiled from the same 1.6.3 source with the same flags
mentioned above, didn't spool their last* and log files to
/etc/cfengine, they put it under /var/run/cfengine as I wanted.  Just
the 2.6 boxes didn't work (until the conf file re-arranging)

--
Greg Gallagher
Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator