Re: Fw: cfengine (blah01) (249)

From: Ian Wallace
Subject: Re: Fw: cfengine (blah01) (249)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:27:04 -0700

Katherine - I can't explain why cfengine has started to do this but I have seen
this behaviour on HPUX.  Seems that if a file is in use (meaning the applicaiton
is running) you can't remove the file which started it.  I don't know if this is
a memory mapping option, or something else, but if you start up a server, and
then try to remove it's file you'll get this message (I've developed CORBA/C++
servers under HPUX and during builds if we were running or using the shared
libraries then we couldn't replace them).

I don't know the work around but maybe it'll help to know that it's 'normal'

cheers
ian