(no subject)

From: David M . Arroyo Díaz
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:02:46 +0200

Hello!

I've got a small problem that I've never seen before. I've got a machine
with cfengine 1.6.3 (Linux) running cfd. I´ve setup a simple "copy" script,
and run in debug mode the cfengine from a client machine and I receive this
message.

Checking file images:

cfengine:dns: Couldn't lookup IP address
cfengine:dns: gethostbyaddr: Success
cfengine:dns: Server registration procedure failed
cfengine:dns: Unable to establish connection with mazinger.yacom.net
Saving the setuid log in /var/run/cfengine/cfengine.dns.log

About the dns, I'm quite confident about it because I've got 223 machines
doing the same work with the same resolver and the same configuration and I
see no problem.

The script I'm launching on the client machine is as simple as this:

------------BEGIN OF FILE---------------------
control:

        domain = ( yacom.net )
        actionsequence =
        (
        copy
        )

copy:
        any::
        /root/cfengine/cfg_file dest=/export/home/admin/cfengine/cfg_file
owner=gmtpadm server=mazinger.yacom.net

The purpose of this is to copy a file from the distributor server
(mazinger.yacom.net) to the local host.

I'm using cfengine 1.6.3 in all of the servers/clients.

Thanks in advance.