Re: cfengine errors

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: Re: cfengine errors
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:33:47 -0800

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 12:12:06AM +0100, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no spake thusly:
> Tracy -- you might need to install a key-pair on a new host. It looks as
> though the config files are not being copied and that connection to a server
> is failing due to missing authentication keys.
>
> Do a cfagent -p -v to find the version being used.

We are running cfengine version 2.0.4.

> Look in /var/cfengine/inputs for input files. and in /var/cfengine/ppkeys
> for keys (localhost.pub etc).

le tho install script was running I remember seeing cfkey being run.

On one of the hosts in question the ppkeys directory contains:

-rw-------    1 root     root         1743 Sep 11 15:51 localhost.priv
-rw-------    1 root     root          426 Sep 11 15:51 localhost.pub

Are these the only keys I need?

inputs contains only:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2055 Sep 12 16:44 update.conf

> I'm afraid I have to go right now, but if you send some version info to
> the list, we can cross fingers that someone in the US, or Europe working
> late will help you,
>
> (see also www.cfengine.org for docs)

Thanks for the help. I am reading docs from www.cfengine.org also but
haven't found anything on how the client/server authentication works yet.
I think I may just need to download the source onto a dev machine and run
through the whole installation and setup process myself to get an idea for
how it all works.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
"Our products just aren't engineered for security." - Brian Valentine,