Look for missing files.

From: ddunham
Subject: Look for missing files.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:01:13 -0800 (PST)

I'm just now creating a cfengine setup.  One of the first things I
want to do is to have cfegine notify me of "bad" files (wrong or
missing), and then after fixing approval is granted, I run cfengine
with a different class to "fix" the files.

I'm having trouble with the first part.  I don't seem to understand
how to get the notification.

I've created this in the cfagent.conf..

files:
        any::
        /tmp/testfile m=0644 o=root g=other action=warnall

I expected to be notified about this missing file.  I see that it
knows about it when running -v, but I don't get any output when run
in non-verbose mode..

(verbose)
 Main Tree Sched: files pass 1 @ Mon Nov 11 10:57:01 2002

Checking file(s) in /tmp/testfile
cfengine:cfemaster: Cannot access file/directory /tmp/testfile
cfengine:cfemaster: File/Dir /tmp/testfile did not exist and was
marked (warnall)

(non-verbose)
# cfagent
# ls /var/cfengine/outputs
#

I think I'm missing something obvious, but I just don't understand all
the bits yet.

Thanks for any help.

--
Darren Dunham