Re: lstat: Value too large...

From: Darren Dunham
Subject: Re: lstat: Value too large...
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:35:04 -0800 (PST)

> > cfengine:annorax: RecursiveCheck was looking at
> > /sse/annorax/knf/nervus/4663/pts0/nrva0000.avi when this
> >  happened:
> > cfengine:annorax: lstat: Value too large for defined data type

What OS was this?

> This message comes from the OS. Looks like a filesystem
> limitation, not a cfengine one.

Sorta.  This appears to be a "large file" (bigger than 2G).  lstat() was
passed the filename, but lstat will fail on such a file.  'truss' could
be used to confirm that.  This limitation is there because regardless of
the OS and filesystems, old code would not be able to handle the return
values from such files.

If this is Solaris, I would assume that this binary was not compiled in
the large file compilation environment.  I don't know if cfengine
attempts to do that or not.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company