Cfengine Questions

From: Rasheda M Menzies
Subject: Cfengine Questions
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:58:58 -0400

I had a few questions regarding Cfengine.  They are as follows:

1)  How can CSM be used in file distribution for both RPMs or installp?
Also, can you refuse/remove individual files that an RPM might try to
install?

2)  How do you restrict access or create a priviliged group of ids?

3)  Can the Cfengine server be mirrored in case something happens to it?
Or does Cfengine provide some other mechanism?

4)  I know Cfengine can be used to install Cfengine through the use of
cfrun.  But with 1200 machines, it is not feasible to list each hostname
in the cfrun.hosts files.  Is there a simpler way to accomplish the installation

and configuration of all these machines?

Thanks,

Rasheda
Rasheda M. Menzies
Software Engineer