cfexecd locks

From: Alec H. Peterson
Subject: cfexecd locks
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:11:37 -0600

I've got a question about cfexecd locks (specifically, the main cfexecd one that it acquires when it starts). If I try to start another instance of cfexecd while a previous one is still running, the new process tries to kill the old cfexecd, but it seems that it is trying to kill the wrong process ID. I went through the code and it looks like the cfexecd lock is acquired before the program forks off and goes into server mode, so the process ID in the lock is not the actual daemon, but rather it is the one that exited when the program forked off.

Is this the desired behavior or not?

Alec