Re: LocateLineMatching madness

From: Tod Oace
Subject: Re: LocateLineMatching madness
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 14:45:37 -0700

On May 5, 2004, at 05:40, Alexander Jolk wrote:

The most elegant solution proposed so far seems to be

BeginGroupIfNoLineMatching "URI.*"
        Append "URI dummy"
EndGroup
# now we're sure a line URI exists...
ResetSearch "1"
LocateLineMatching "URI .*"
ReplaceLineWith "URI ldap://localhost/";

Seems like it would be nice if we had something like:

ReplaceAllLinesMatching "URI.*" With "URI ldap://localhost/";

That *seems* convergent and safe to me but maybe someone else can see a problem with it. If it doesn't work, how about:

CompleteAllLinesBeginning "URI " With "ldap://localhost/";

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>