Disaster Recovery.

From: Tony Hawke
Subject: Disaster Recovery.
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:40:21 +1000

Hi all,

I'm considering setting up a cfengine site, but have come up against a little wall and couldn't find anything of help in the FAQ or docs. What happens when the main cfengine server goes down?

I know that all of the clients can continue using their current configs. But as soon as I get the main server back up (restored from backup or whatever,) they'll lose whatever changes have been made to their configs in the intervening time. This is a bit of an issue as the systems we use here are somewhat fluid in their configuration.

So the question is: Is there any inbuilt way for the clients to failover to a second server if the main cfengine server goes down?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

--
Tony Hawke