Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?

From: Jamie Wilkinson
Subject: Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 18:29:25 +1000

This one time, at band camp, Wil Cooley wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 21:49, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>
>> So, I would create /etc/cfengine and allow the admin to serve that from
>> cfservd, and create /var/lib/cfengine/inputs and let cfagent write there
>> freely, and you don't have to worry about mixing the two at all.
>
>Ouch, serving stuff from /etc?

That was only an example, the point I was trying to make is that
/var/lib/cfengine2/inputs should not be linked to /etc/cfengine because
one is not human-modifiable config files.

In practice I keep the master configuration in subversion, and roll that
out to a non-etc location on the master from where cfservd hands it out
to the clients, where it ends up in /var/lib/cfengine2/inputs on Debian,
and /var/cfengine/inputs on Red Hat.

--
jaq@spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg