Re: Evaluation in groups:

From: Armin Wolfermann
Subject: Re: Evaluation in groups:
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:48:34 +0200

* Chip Seraphine <chip@trdlnk.com> [20.07.2004 22:23]:
> groups:
>       sunos_5_9::
>               sun_class= ( ReturnsZero(/bin/echo testing sun class) )
>       linux::
>               linux_class= ( ReturnsZero(/bin/echo testing linux class) )

You could rewrite it in pseudo-syntax like:

        sunos_5_9.ReturnsZero(/bin/echo testing sun class)::
                sun_class = true

        linux.ReturnsZero(/bin/echo testing linux class)::
                linux_class = true

This is described in the documentation (although only with classes).

> Is this behavior correctable?  (Or is it desireable behavior that I am not
> understanding correctly?)

It is desireable (and useful) for classes. Functions with side effects
are problematic, but different evaluation rules for classes and functions
seem much more problematic.

Regards,
Armin Wolfermann