Changing ownership home directories and their contents?

From: Josef Wolf
Subject: Changing ownership home directories and their contents?
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 06:52:32 +0200

Hello!

How do I ensure that home directories and their contents are owned by their
users and their primary group.  I'd like to do something like:

  files:
    home u=$(owner) g=$(owners_primary_group) act=fixall

but tehre don't seem to exist some special notation that says

  fetch uid/gid-info from the passwd-entry with the name of the top-level.

Do I need to use an external tool for such a thing?

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --