cfengine-die help...

From: Christian Pearce
Subject: cfengine-die help...
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:35:10 -0400

    # Reboot if scheduled automation occurs
    reboot::
        '$(nohup) $(shutdown) -y -g 300 -i 6 "SysNav is rebooting the
server to install patch Cluster(s)." & echo "cfengine-die"'
            background=true
            useshell=true

Can someone explain to me the process under which cfengine kills a
forked script?  This is the last statement I tried.  I call shutdown
with nohup, but that doesn't seem to keep cfengine from killing it after
I echo the cfengine die.  Unfortunately if I don't use cfengine-die
cfengine will not continue executing.

I assume this is the code that does it

   if (ptr->timeout != 0)
      {
      alarm(0);
      signal(SIGALRM,SIG_DFL);
      }

alarm(0) sets the seconds for the signal to be generated to zero.
signal(SIGALRM, SIG_DFL) executes Terminate by default with the SIG_DFL
handle.

But shutdown still gets killed off.
--
Christian Pearce