Re: Scaling to 1500 clients - any one done this...

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Scaling to 1500 clients - any one done this...
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 13:57:03 -0500

That was about the size I had hit when I switched from using cfrun to cfexecd
for my connections and cranked up my splaytimes.

FWIW, my clients run hourly.  Even-houred runs are considered "lightruns" and
do little more than check the process table and react to any emergencies
(network down, disk full, etc).  Copies, editfiles, most shellcommands, etc
are done only on the odd hours.