"Repository" variable not expanding

From: David E. Nelson
Subject: "Repository" variable not expanding
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:46:55 -0500 (CDT)

Hi All,

The following is not expanding in cfengine-2.1.10 on Solaris. The below of course is not my actual cfagent.conf but I copy-n-pasted the relevant lines.

control:
  any::
    actionsequence = ( tidy directories disable )
    Repository = ( /var/spool/cfengine/backups )

directories:
  any::
     ${Repository}
        o=root
        g=0
        m=0700

Instead, it creates /${Repository} - literally. I've also tried using ()'s w/o any luck.

Output snippet from verbose:

MakePath(/tmp)
MakePath(${repository})
cfengine:foo: Group of /${Repository} was 1, setting to 0
cfengine:foo: Directory /${Repository} had permission 755, changed it to 700
MakePath(/var/tmp)

Thanks,
         /\/elson

--
~~ ** ~~  If you didn't learn anything when you broke it the 1st ~~ ** ~~
                        time, then break it again.